Tuesday, September 22, 2026

The Impossible Man and The Impossibles

 

This would certainly be a meta issue to read. I had to make a couple of group shots to get this one to work.  Here's a clearer look at the back cover of the comic that Impy is reading above: 



9 comments:

Just Plain Bill said...

Question. who is the Lady I only remember the three men.

Anonymous said...

She was Cobalt Blue and had magnetic powers. She was added in the DC Comic series Future Quest. Future Quest was from around 2016 and I vaguely remember enjoying it…in my 40s.

Carycomic said...

@Anon: So did I. It was loads more fun and thrilling than even the original Crisis On Infinite Earths! Although, Lex Luthor meets Porky Pig was kind of depressing.

@Ross: absolutely brilliant! Not only for the synchronicity of the names. But, also, the infinitely regressive cover of the comic book Impy is reading. Reminds me of an issue of SHAZAM! (when it first got revived by DC in the pre-Bicentennial Seventies).

Anonymous said...

Maybe 2017’s The Jetsons could have a cover.

Bob Greenwade said...

I, too, had to do some research to find out about Cobalt Blue. I'd actually love to see more of her, if possible -- like, maybe teaming up with Polaris. I can certainly see where that could be impractical, though, given how little she's actually appeared in any medium.

Detective Tobor said...

RALLY-HO!!! What a cover!! Their MISSION will be ...LOVE IT!!

ShadowWing Tronix said...

Wait, shouldn't she be Cobalt Woman or something? That breaks the naming convention. Not that they care, of course, but why even add a new character? Kind of misses the point of doing a nostalgia comic.

Anonymous said...

Too!

Anonymous said...

Maybe the Jetsons could meet Galactus.

Support STF: The Lost Issues!