Wednesday, September 9, 2026

Green Lantern and Flash Gordon

 

 


We are half way through the Lanterns series on HBO Max and while it has its moments, I hope it improves in the final four episodes.  There just isn't enough action, a character will just zip off and zip back and then just tell you that something cool you didn't see just happened.  There's maybe one or two quick moments of the ring actually being used per episode, and the rest is a bunch of people in normal clothes walking around distrusting each other.  The show is very well cast, I just wish the actors were given more to do and that the budget allowed for a little more actual Green Lantern style action.

Regular visitors may remember that Hawkgirl and Red Sonja previously participated in The Neverwar... who will be the next heroes to join?  Future covers will tell...

13 comments:

Carycomic said...

As I can't afford HBO unless it were offered to me literally 100% free, I won't miss what I've never watched (in the unlikely event it's cancelled). As for the Neverwar? Sounds like the conflict between Kang and the Time Trapper is starting to heat up even more! One has to wonder what mission would require the combined talents of this formidable pair?

Matt said...

Well, I'm just happy Lanterns has cursing and nudity. We wouldn't want kids to be able to enjoy a superhero show.

Anonymous said...

I get what you're saying about Lanterns, but the slow burn approach has its plusses.

Bob Greenwade said...

Funny thing about the "who's next" question; just last night I was pondering how Conan and Kamandi could share a cover.

Anonymous said...

Only in Western movies featuring dynamite planted around the Bad Guys' hide-out.

Detective Tobor said...

non-low budget si-fi shows do a lot of this. "relating to the people aspect" Spidy over Batman. rrr--ii-ght!!

Detective Tobor said...

Shame The Atom couldn't join them for the all Kane cover.

Ben W said...

I was definitely agreeing at first, but I've definitely seen an improvement in the past episode or two, and I'm looking forward to how the season turns out. Plus, future seasons could have a big step-up on the action and spectacle, fingers crossed!

Daviticus said...

"In the unlikely event it's cancelled"... frankly I hope you're wrong.

Carycomic said...

I had hoped for the same thing, re: KRYPTON Season 3. No surprise; hope dashed.

Ross said...

Bob - funny you should mention that, Conan is indeed featured on a future Neverwar cover...

Anonymous said...

With Flash Gordon I think Alan Scott would have been a better fit.

Anonymous said...

YES ALAN S. MIGHT'VE BEEN BETTER BUT HAL HAS MORE GIL K. ART & THAT'S PROBABLY WHY HE WON OUT IN THE END. IT'D BE NICE 2 C MING THE MERCILESS & THE ASIAN LOOKING (AT TIMES) SINESTRO SHARE A COVER GOING UP AGAINST 2 NEW CRIMEFIGHTERS/TEAMS SOME TIME.

Support STF: The Lost Issues!