Wednesday, July 15, 2026

OMAC and The Jack of Hearts

 

A lot of prep work was required on the original image before I could add out heroes in.  Here's a look at the behind the scenes process:




7 comments:

Carycomic said...

Ah, yes! Dragoom; another one of Kirby's Kreatures (as I occasionally call them). I sometimes conflate him, in my fan fiction, with that fiery giant from the Silver Age JLA's origin. And it's even more fitting that another classic Kirby creation take him on! Although, given how OMAC took place in a dystopian alternate near-future, I'd be forced to speculate that Dragoom returned/was reignited on Earth-STF through one of those time-blips that Kang and the Time Trapper keep causing behind the scenes. Hence, the presence of JOH, as well.

Thanks, again, Ross. It's always a pleasure to see you bring back The King!

Detective Tobor said...

These 3-D wall prints are amazing. The eyes look to follow you around the r..ARRGH!!! MEDIC!!

Anonymous said...

Next up: Mr. Universe vs. One-Punch Man!

Bob Greenwade said...

This is probably the only time we'll ever see Dragoom on this blog, which is too bad. That's a name that would be easy to have lots of fun with.

Anonymous said...

Because One-Punch Man would burn his knuckles trying to knock this guy out! Better to let Aarkus, the Golden Age Vision, "drag Oom" off to Smokeworld.

Anonymous said...

No probably about it, I'm afraid. Bim Bam Boom, the witch doctor from outer space, has yet to even debut, here!

Carycomic said...

@Anon724: I think you mean "Bombu." Not to be confused with Tim Boo Ba, the lizard-man warrior from the Microverse.

Support STF: The Lost Issues!