Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The Rocketeer and The Escapist



I wasn't sure how I felt about other creators carrying on the adventures of The Rocketeer after Dave Stevens passed on, but I have to admit what I have seen so far looks great.  IDW's Rocketeer Adventures lined up a top tier roster of talent and reverence for Stevens' creation shows through on every page.  It's cool to see different artists' interpretations of the awesome Rocketeer costume design. The Escapist is another character that seems to attract the best in creative teams, and it's great to see the character enjoy a life beyond the novel that he was introduced in.

4 comments:

Belinda said...

This is Wonderous wonderful! I always love it when you feature non-DC/Marvel characters for a change, and truly wish you would do more. Lets see some creations from Eclipse, Comico and Milestone please.

Bob Greenwade said...

I agree with Belinda -- this cover is great, and it's always to see at least one character who is neither Marvel nor DC. Here, both characters are from elsewhere.

For some reason, though, this one makes me want to see Superman team up with the Spirit.

Anonymous said...

Mignola cover + Rocketeer + Escapist + Nazi Smackin' Action = shut up and take my money! ;)

(sigh, I wish)

Great great job.

-Mea

Beef Stew and Bananas said...

next....ICON! Make it so.

Support STF: The Lost Issues!