Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The Green Lantern Corps Vs. Star Trek: TNG



It's cool to see that Star Trek has started getting around in their comic book incarnations.  There was a team-up with The X-Men several years back, and more recently they have been seen alongside The Legion of Super-Heroes and Doctor Who.  It would be fun to see them cross paths with the GLC.  There could be so many side pairings - Kilowog/Worf, Data/Salaak, Riker/Jordan... and who wouldn't want to read a chapter featuring Reginald Barclay and Chaselon?  This thing writes itself!

8 comments:

arw1985 said...

I have a couple of more pairings: Captain Sisko/John Stewart (I know he's DS9 but still), Guy/Wesley, The Guardians/Q, and Sinestro/ Locutus.

CWMartin said...

I love all these pairings... but Guy/Wesley? idunno...

arw1985 said...

Meaning I'd like Guy to knock out Wesley.

Bob Greenwade said...

When The Doctor did his (semi-official) crossover with the Star Trek universe, it was aboard the Enterprise-D. I would rather he'd taken the TARDIS aboard Voyager, so we could have the epic meeting between The Doctor and The Doctor.

Maybe we can see that here some time in the future.

mindful webworker said...

Egad! The potential team-ups of Trek and Lantern alone could take over Lost Issues! Good thing you just lumped them all together in this one.

Well, maybe you could just do Worf and Kilowog. That sounds cool. (How it begins....)

Embarrassed to say I had to have my son point out the yellow power ring!

Ross said...

The ring was a last-minute addition, but I think it makes the cover. I am glad to hear you share the site with your son!

mindful webworker said...

Oh, sure, Ross. My wife and I, our daughter, and both our sons, all allegedly grown-ups, are all old comics fans, raised right on original Ditko and Kirby. Therefore we all enjoy your work. When you get a hit from us, it counts as five (like they used to say about Mad's pass-around readership).

Mark said...

Look;s we'll need a GLC/TOS cover now that IDW has announced their crossover plans for July 2015! Keep up the great work!

Support STF: The Lost Issues!