Thursday, July 19, 2012

Nightwing and Ghost Rider



Well, I recently watched Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance, and Woof!  What a bizarre film that was!  The first Ghost Rider was by no means an Oscar worthy film, but it had some fun visuals and Nicolas Cage seemed to be having fun in the role.  Well, he went from having fun to just going nuts in the second entry.  I still kinda like the Ghost Rider scenes (with the more charred out look to the hero and his bike), but Cage as Blaze in is human form was so over the top with his performance that the whole film seemed like a farce.  Not to be outdone, the villains certainly had their fair share of chewing the scenery with their hammy performances as well.  It's too bad, I think there is still a cool Ghost Rider film that could be made, but it's gonna be a while before audiences will be willing to take a chance on the character again.

3 comments:

Rick L. Phillips said...

I tried to watch it myself recently. Way to dark for me. They should have left it alone after the first one. NOt a great film but it flet good to at least see the characters on film. This one left a bad taste in my mouth for a thrid one. I didn't even finish watching the second one.

Alex Osias said...

Get to the choppers. Awesome!

Anonymous said...

still hoping for brother voodoo and either dr fate or spectre or zantanna also odd choice brother power the geek and brother voodoo maybe vs brother blood or blood brothers how bout atomic mouse and mighty mouse or glory supergirl

Support STF: The Lost Issues!