Sunday, August 18, 2019

Night Thrasher and The New Teen Titans



The first 50 issues of New Teen Titans just amazed me with their quality. It had the perfect mix of writer, artists and characters.  The plots were filled with action and melodrama with a splash of humor mixed in, and Perez' highly detailed pencils gave it a cinematic quality unlike any other comic on the stands.  I have enjoyed the team in later issues and incarnations, but nothing has come close to topping their first few years.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Possibly best superhero comic ever by the best superhero artist. Happy retirement George

AirDave said...

Awww, yeah, Titans!

Carycomic said...

They're not Titans. They're Daemonites!

Glenn said...

New Teen Titans were some of Wolfman's and Perez's finest work. And I hate how they have ruined Cyborg.

Crazy Ivan said...

Loved the original New Teen Titans run, and when Marvel introduced the New Warriors, all I could think of is that they were a cheap knock-off. I wanted to see the NW get their asses handed to them by their DC counterparts. During my Amalgam fan fiction days I combined the two teams. Now, I think I'm mature enough to want to see a team-up... in Super-Team Family, of course!

Anony mouse said...

If he were to get involved with tv shows like Geoff Johns it might make a world of difference.

Anonymous said...

@Carycomic: I don't think Daemonites would have fallen so easily to Night Thrasher and Raven. Phyto-genetic clones, on the other hand, created by PI and Plantman? Possibly as part of a new Force of Nature?

Those kinds of impostors might have wilted before these two!

Carycomic said...

Insert "Groaner" icon, here. :-(

Spiderguy72 said...

Awesome....I'm a New Warriors fan!!

Carycomic said...

@Spiderguy72: As in, for the first time ever (which would make you a NEW New Warriors fan)? Or, once again (making you a _renewed_ New Warriors fan)?

Support STF: The Lost Issues!