Thursday, November 20, 2014

Ultron and Bender



I thoroughly enjoyed the recent Futurama crossover episode of The Simpsons.  I remember a fun comic book version of this meeting from years back that I loved, and I wondered why it took so long for a TV version.  It was worth the wait, with a ton of great gags - starting with one of my personal favorite characters, the Hedonism Bot, filling in on the weekly opening credits couch gag. It made me miss the Futurama gang, I'd love to see them defy the odds and return for a third time.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why not email THE SIMPSONS official website and suggest such a sequel as part of the annual "Tree House of Horror" Halloween specials?

jrp04f said...

I vaguely remember that at one point I had the idea for a Wold Newton article that would have linked Ultron, the Devilbot from FUTURAMA, and the "Devil's Robot" mentioned during the lucha libre episode of ANGEL, all beginning with a misdirected through time Terminator. Oh, well...

Unknown said...

Ooh, interesting idea. But Ultron is owned and created by Marvel, not DC comics. Bender is probably owned by Bongo Comics in terms of comic publishing rights. So it would probably make sense to have the Marvel logo or the Bongo logo instead of DC.

Daviticus said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Daviticus said...

Funny, I thought killing all humans was something Bender was interested in...not that I'm complaining!

Carycomic said...

I don't see any conflict of interest, Zac. Seeing as how Bongo is also the name of a beloved Marvel/Disney character!*

*The unicycle-riding circus bear who went back to nature.

Support STF: The Lost Issues!