Thursday, November 6, 2014

Batman and Spider-Man in "Bruce Wayne: Scapegoat!"



Like many in my age group, this first Marvel superhero I saw in live action was Spider-Man on The Electric Company.  While I thought it was cool to see him outside of the comics, there was something a little creepy about how they made him mute on the show.  Sure, it was so us kids could have the educational value of reading his thought bubbles, but I still found it off-putting.  It really illustrated the importance of Spidey's wisecracking persona, which did much to offset the appearance of a full face-masked character.

If you are curious about whats going on in the above cover, make sure to tune in tomorrow for Part Two of this story where all will be explained!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. For me, the Spidey of ABC-TV's 1967 Saturday morning line-up is still the epitome of the wise-cracking wall crawler.

:-)

Anonymous said...

Sure Spidey got his start on The Electric Company, but so did Morgan Freeman.

Unknown said...

Batman was drawn by Irv Novick

Mark said...

Oooh. I have that comic. Detective 377, before Irv Novick became so Neal Adamized. Nice mash-up on this one, Ross!

Carycomic said...

I'll take the artwork of a Neal Adamized Irv Novick over Franks Robbins and Springer, any day.

Support STF: The Lost Issues!