Wednesday, November 19, 2014

The New Teen Titans and The New Mutants



This is a team up that I have been wanting to do forever, I just was waiting to find the right images.  Both of these teams have seen a lot of shake ups and roster changes over the years.  I have to say that the incarnations presented here  are still my favorites.  The first couple of years of each title were team comics at their best - writing and art were firing on all cylinders, featuring lots of cool characters and concepts.  Plus, the protagonists were around my age, and had to deal with some of the same issues I did, in addition to their larger than life heroics.

7 comments:

Bob Greenwade said...

Outstanding! And I agree with you about these original rosters. I was especially interested by Wolfsbane; I was more like Cannonball in terms of personality, but something about Wolfsbane just appealed to me.

Speaking of Wolfsbane, I'm curious: in the original image, is she also in a Sentinel's clutches? Some distant memory tells me so, but I'm not sure.

Anonymous said...

I agree these are my favorite rosters of these teams and this is one of my favorite covers yet!

Coleco said...

1981-1985 were the years when comics, both mainstream and independant, were PERFECT! I wish I could relive that time.

Ross said...

Yes she is, Bob.

Anonymous said...

Did you ever read X-Men and New Teen Titans Crossover?

Ross said...

Of course, it's a great one!

Anonymous said...

I agree with all of the above comments. In fact, when I was in junior high, one of the first Avengers tales I ever read involved their confrontation with the Mark II Sentinels in Australia. The one that tried to out-race Quicksilver made me wonder: "What if it had been trying to catch Kid Flash?"

Semi-unfortunately, DC and Marvel went with a team up against Darkseid, instead. But, I still enjoyed the original graphic novel, anyway.*

*And, I still have it...somewhere.

Support STF: The Lost Issues!