Thursday, March 20, 2014

Martian Manhunter Vs. Alien (with Superman)



I have heard that Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is rumored to have a role in DC's Justice League movie plans.  Most of the speculation centers around him playing either John Stewart or Doomsday, but I think that there is a character that he would be much better suited for:  J'onn J'onzz.  Johnson has played strong stoic characters before and even has the ability to bring forth the subtle humor that the role may call for.  Plus, he certainly has the superheroic physique requires for J'onn's signature costume.  I how that the producers are at least giving this option some thought.

5 comments:

AirDave said...

I've grown to like J'onn a lot over the years. Superman may be an alien, but J'onn really is alien. He is not as "humanoid" as Kal-El, Hal Jordan or Katar Hol. Probably his greatest power is that he could be any one, including another Alien...

Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention that Johnson is also used to being green. :)

Remember this pic from a few halloweens back?
http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/973thedawg.com/files/2012/11/Clipboard01.jpg

-Mea

Bob Greenwade said...

At my Branch meeting last night (for The Fan Film Project; follow my link), we were tossing around some ideas and thought of doing something that, somehow, seems appropriate to mention here:

Grimm vs. Miss Piggy.

Diabolu Frank said...

Quick shout out to Tom Hartley, who was responsible for recoloring that 1977 Mike Nasser Martian Manhunter image, which he contributed to my blog.

I like Dwayne Johnson, and I could handle him as Martian Manhunter. However, his size limits his versatility, which is an aspect of J'onn J'onzz I value. I don't just want the Alien Atlas, but also the Sleuth from Outer Space, and the Rock is really much better at the former than the latter.

Carycomic said...

I just heard that Duane Johnson's daughter is becoming a pro wrestler!

Will she bill herself as "Chip-off-the-old-Rock"?

Support STF: The Lost Issues!