Friday, March 14, 2014

Justice League of America Vs. The X-Men (and more!)




When it comes to Anniversary issues, there are a few that really stand out for me.  Probably my favorite is Justice League of America #200, a brilliant story that hearkened back to the team's first adventure and featured the greatest line up of artists that have ever appeared in a single issue - Kane, Bolland, Aparo, Perez, Broderick, Kubert, Giordano and Infantino - just great stuff.  I also have a fondness for Avengers #200 and Detective Comics #500.  It's too bad that with all the relaunches and renumbering that comics go through these days that such milestones are seldom reached anymore.

7 comments:

AirDave said...

:)
I knew there was something about you I liked! Ha!

JLA #200 and The Avengers #200 are awesome anniversary issues! Both drawn by George Perez, which is a plus. Detective #500 is awesome, too! I don't know that there have been anniversary issues to equal those since. A least not as memorable or that stand up over time...

Anonymous said...

Awesome cover and pairings! And a huge congrats on the big 700! Wow, 1K doesn't seem that far off at this rate, and I look forward to being here for that!

-Mea

Ross said...

Thanks... I hope to make 1K a special one... not to mention 800, 900 and the rest in between!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations from Buenos Aires, Argentina! great work!

Ben Woods said...

Well, when you have a new issue every day, anniversary issues come pretty often! BTW on favorite anniversary issues, mine would have to be Adventures of Superman #500, where the Reign starts. Always loved that one!

pblfsda said...

Most of my favorite comics titles have never made it past 100 issues, let alone 700. And your premises are more intriguing than many of the titles that make it that far. I agree on Avengers #200 and JLA #200 being high on the heap. Honorable mention should also go to Action Comics #500 with the infinity cover (and no ads) and lots of congratulatory pin-ups from artists who I'd never seen draw Superman before (Harold Gray, Moëbius, etc.). My favorite might just be all five "Dark Horse Presents" #100's in which features that went on to greater fame return a short story each.

Bob Buethe said...

Don't forget the landmark Showcase #100, which any fan of this website should have appreciated.

Support STF: The Lost Issues!