Thursday, November 25, 2010

The Thing and Birds of Prey



I think it's only fitting that Ben meets the Birds on Thanksgiving! I hope you all have had a wonderful day filled with turkey, family and football!

I think The Birds of Prey is one of the best concepts that DC has come up with in years. I have truly enjoyed their adventures, which have had solid tales by Gail Simone and Chuck Dixon that strike a great balance between action and characterization. It's another team book that serves as a worthy home for characters that might not be able to generate the sales for a solo title. I love the fact that Lady Blackhawk has found a new lease on life there, for instance. The addition of Hawk and Dove in the most recent series is a very welcome one, as well. The art can be a bit too cheesecake for my taste at times, but don't let that put you off the title - it's always been very dependable.

3 comments:

Cathy and Dave said...

I am most Thanksful for lost issues!

Another awesome cover!

Gotta admit adding Hawk & Dove to the Birds is really thinkin' outside the box!

Anonymous said...

I really love what you did with this cover. Good one. -Mea

Anonymous said...

wow great job actually making the Thing look scary!!

Support STF: The Lost Issues!