Thursday, November 4, 2010

Batman and Wolverine



Out of all of the Marvel/DC crossovers, I can't believe this one has not happened yet. Yes, I know there were those two Dark Claw comics that sprang out of the Amalgam concept from DC Vs Marvel, and presented a smooshed up version of the two heroes - but I am talking about a true team-up between Logan and Bruce Wayne. I mean, put halfway decent creators on the title and it would be like printing money. Hopefully if the companies enter more cooperative times, we will finally see this pairing one day.

Wolverine is undoubtedly a great character, but the overexposure got to such a degree that I stopped caring about his adventures as a whole a few years back. The fact that he is a member of the Avengers now is just so silly to me. With him hanging out with so much of the Marvel Universe, it takes away so much of the danger and mystery that made him appealing in the first place.

I like Hugh Jackson's portrayal of Logan for the most part, even though he cries a little too much and is way too tall. The films he has appeared in have been a mixed bag, my least favorite being the solo Wolverine film. I have much higher hopes for the sequel though, given the director (Darren Aronofsky) and the fact that it looks as though it will follow the storyiline of the original Claremont/Miller Wolverine mini-series.

1 comment:

Cathy and Dave said...

Another awesome cover!

It really is a shame that Marvel and DC have lost that "friendly competitive" spirit where they could compete, but come together for crossovers.

Wolverine was cool for a while in the '70's and '80's I think. After his first mini-series, when his monthly book started is when I think he stopped being interesting...

I read somewhere once that John Byrne or Chris Claremont suggested Bob Hoskins for Wolverine. I get the "short", but the build? I don't know...

Batman's teamed up with Spider-Man and Daredevil - but no Wolverine - that is messed up!

Support STF: The Lost Issues!