Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Martian Manhunter and Thor



Thor: Ragnarok will be the title of the third solo outing for Marvel's Thunder God and I am hoping that it will learn from the first two installments and have more of a focus on action over goofy humor and unnecessary side characters.  While Loki is sure to be featured prominently, I'd like to see some other Thor villains like The Enchantress or The Executioner get a chance to do their thing.  At any rate, we won't have to wait that long for an update on Asgard - Idris Elba let it slip that Loki and Heimdall will be making appearances in Avengers: The Age of Ultron.

8 comments:

Bob Buethe said...

I dunno -- I thought Darcy and her intern were the best part of Thor: the Dark World. I thought the rest of it was a bit dreary. But then, I've never been a big Thor fan anyway.

Anonymous said...

Considering that New Genesis and Apokolips were supposed to be the surviving remnants of DC's version of Asgard, wouldn't Jonn Jonzz technically be traveling into the past in a team-up with Thor?

Walaka of Earth 2 said...

One of my new favorites! It's amazing how well Kirby and Certa work together!

Anonymous said...

Hmm. Different strokes, I suppose. I rather liked Thor:TDW. The whole deal of it not taking itself too seriously was fine with me, and I wish the DC cinema-verse would learn to do likewise.

Anonymous said...

i hope we get some confirmation on which villians will show up in thor 3 sutur is speculated no word on pluto or enchantress or executioner or even fire trolls or ulik

Raphael said...

The Enchantress popped up on Adventures of SHIELD last year.

Anonymous said...

To the other Anonymous: they already have tried to not take themselves too seriously. And, it backfired! Remember STEEL with Shaq O'Neill...and GREEN LANTERN with Ryan Whatsisface?

pblfsda said...

@Raphael: Actually, somebody corrected me on that a few months ago-- the character on SHIELD was Lorelei, not The Enchantress. I forgot that the Enchantress' real name is Amora. Lorelei functioned as the Enchantress in the Walt Simonson run on Thor until Amora returned from the first Secret Wars.

Support STF: The Lost Issues!