Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Batman and Batman Beyond



A good idea in concept, I think this one suffers a bit from the disparate art styles between the two Batmen. Now that Batman Beyond is being introduced into the mainstream DCU, there is more non-cartoony imagery of the character out there than when I created this cover,I may take another crack at this pairing.

I remember being disappointed when I learned the creators behind the great cartoon Batman: The Animated Series were going to switch gears and move to Batman Beyond, featuring an elderly Bruce Wayne mentoring a teenage Batman. I figured the network was just aiming for the kiddie market and trying to sell more toys and while that may have been partially true, I should have had more faith in Bruce Timm & Company. They continued the excellent work they had begun on Batman and Superman and made the show a welcome addition to the Batman canon. I especially love the director's cut of the DTV, Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker.

3 comments:

LEEE777 said...

Yeah I wasn't happy with Batman Beyond or Batman of The Future as it was called in other countries.

The series wasn't bad though, the DVD Return of The Joker is up there with the other animated greats!

Sweet cover!

Anonymous said...

R.I.P Adam West. May the Bat-signal never go out.

Daviticus said...

Should've called this one "Bat to The Future". :)

BTW I agree, Return of The Joker was awesome!

Support STF: The Lost Issues!