Sunday, April 4, 2021

Superman and X-Factor

 


I am always glad to feature the artwork of Walt Simonson.  I remember being impressed with his work on Manhunter, which was unlike any artwork I had seen before.  Like many though, it was his run on Thor that really got me to take notice and become a gig fan.  I met him briefly at a convention several years back and he was very nice and enthusiastic about comics.  He was kind enough to do a quick sketch (with his trademark dinosaur shaped signature) for me:



7 comments:

Carycomic said...

You know, this particular crossover would probably have been very popular in the real world! Providing Donald Lang (cyborg ex-member of the Hellfire Club) had been rendered a semi-distant relative of Lana Lang. Thereby establishing the necessary plausible link between Superman and X-Factor.

Hope you and your family have a Happy Easter, Ross. :-)

BigMike20X6 said...

I think you’re confusing two characters
Stephen Lang was involved with Sentinels
Donald Pierce was the cyborg Hellfire Club member

Anonymous said...

@Big Mike: Shhhhh! Brainiac forcibly conjoined the two. He's merely programmed them to _believe_ their one-and-the same person.

Horsefeathers wired up said...

Neural hookups ARE all the rage. Two for the price of one.

Carycomic said...

@BHorsefeathers: I couldn't have said it better, myself. :-)

Carycomic said...

Though, Lord knows, I tried. ;-D

Photonik said...

If I'm not mistaken, the X-Factor part of the cover is not by Simonson although it mirrors his style quite efficiently. I think it's by French artist Ciro Tota and originates from a french reprint published by Semic at the time.

Support STF: The Lost Issues!