Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The Thing and Zatanna



I was very glad to see Zatanna finally get her own ongoing series in the past couple of years, she is a character that has long since earned it...  I enjoyed it quite a bit which was not a surprise with Paul Dini on writing chores.  It looks like the series did not survive the DC reboot, but Zatanna will be showing up in Justice League Dark.  Hopefully  the writer Peter Milligan will let her shine there.  I'm not so sure about the new look that she has been given.  The top hat and fishnets look is a classic and I'd prefer if they had stayed closer to that style.

6 comments:

Cathy and Dave said...

Dave sez,

Yes! Excellent cover!

I'm so glad that DC put Zatanna back in the magician's costume, and not that - whatever that costume she was wearing for awhile in the early '80's...

I'm wait-and-see on the DCNu 52...

pblfsda said...

Um,... Brian Bolland (Zatanna) and Alan Davis (Thing)?

After Supergirl's panties became a topic of discussion on an npr.org blog a couple years ago I started hearing people talk about a "no bare legs" moratorium at DC. I wasn't sure if it was just a rumor until I saw those ridiculous costume redesigns for the proposed Wonder Woman TV show. So, probably no fishnets. I'd that rule (and any silly, arbitrary edict) about a year and a half. The hat-tails-'nets combination is a classic and it will be back, I assure you. It wouldn't work for most characters, but that's sort of the point. It's a stage costume that's distinctively Zatanna's.

pblfsda said...

Sorry: "I'd give that rule..."

dicecipher said...

So when you run out of Thing covers whats next?

Gary said...

I hope you never run out of Thing covers... but I guess there's always Marvel Team Up!

I'm still crossing my fingers for a Flaming C/Think cover!

Gary said...

Oops... Flaming C/Thing Marvel Twi-In-One Cover!!

Damn typo!

Support STF: The Lost Issues!