Monday, July 4, 2011

The Thing and The Terminator



The first two Terminator movies are a couple of the best action movies ever made. I still remember seeing Terminator 2 in the theater and then calling my brother up telling him to immediately go see it. The special effects in that film were such a leap forward from what I had seen before. I distinctly recall thinking to myself, "Wow, they can do anything now!" A lost of people did not think that Terminator 3 lived up to the first two, and while I agree it wasn't as great as they were, I do find that move to be a lot of fun. Terminator Salvation, however, was a bit of a letdown for me. There's a couple of nice action sequences, but the story just did not work for me. I never did get around to watching the Terminator TV series, was it any good? I had heard rumblings of yet another Terminator film on the horizon, but given Arnold Scharzenegger's recent press, it might be a while before that one picks up any steam again.

3 comments:

Michael Jones said...

I agree with your assessment of the movies but I think you should give the tv series a glance. Definitely worth a rental. I was disappointed that it only lasted two seasons but I suppose their hands were tied without stepping on cinematic toes.

Anonymous said...

Pacing on the series was glacially slow. It had potential and some good bits and the promise of more (which is why I stuck it out).

BTW: nice choice of artwork on this one.

-Mea

notintheface said...

Seeing Summer Glau in kickass mode made the flaws worth it, though.

Support STF: The Lost Issues!