Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The Thing and Young Justice



I really hope that The Cartoon Network brings back Young Justice soon.  I was really impressed by the writing and animation on this series, and just when it was getting really interesting, it was yanked off of the schedule.  It really killed the momentum of the show.  They did the same thing with Batman: The Brave and the Bold, I am still waiting for them to air the final batch of episodes there.  I also think that DC is missing a bet by not having the animated series line up more with their upcoming Teen Titans ongoing comic book series.  The comic looks to have a different roster, and the characters that are the same have very different looks and in Robin and Kid Flash's case different secret identities.  Seems to me like a lost opportunity to create some synergy.  At any rate, I truly enjoy the show and hope that it returns to have a nice long run.

2 comments:

Cathy and Dave said...

Dave sez,

This new Young Justice is pretty good...but it could be better.

It seems to be an amalgam of the classic Titans - Aqualad, Kid Flash and Robin - with Young Justice's Bart Allen, Tim Drake and Kon-El.

It's a shame, really, becuase they already DID a Teen Titans, and that was okay, for a cross between Wolfman and Perez and anime...

I guess Secret and Wonder Girl are MIA here since Arrowette and Miss Martian are on the roster.

Still, it is kind of fun in it's own unique way...

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward for it's return too. Show director, Greg Wiseman (same guy behind seasons 1&2 of Gargoyles) is noted for his intricate show bibles and long term planning, and I look forward to where he goes with this.

I think CN is holding back on both these series because there's supposed to be a block of DCU type programming coming up sometime, possibly in the fall. It's the only explanation I can come up with. (sigh) 'tis frustrating.

-Mea

Support STF: The Lost Issues!