Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Thing and Wallace & Gromit



Ever since I stumbled onto The Wrong Trousers years ago, I have been a huge Wallace & Gromit fan.  Nick Park painstakingly creates the adventures of the cheese loving, daffy inventor Wallace and his trusty and intelligent dog, Gromit through claymation and the humor and timing are impeccable.  I soon sought out A Grand Day Out, A Close Shave, and all of their other award winning animated shorts.  I  was thrilled when they were featured in a full length film, The Curse of the Were-Rabbit and it did not disappoint.  Park's company, Aardman has other properties as well, Creature Comforts, Shaun the Sheep and Chicken Run to name a few, and they are all delightful.  Still, I feel that Wallace and Gromit is the crowning jewel, and I hope that they continue to appear in new adventures.

6 comments:

John R. Platt said...

Fantastic job on this one!

dicecipher said...

Thats great. Any chance of a Shaun the Sheep team-up? And were did you get the Thing images for this one?

Ross said...

Those are Thing statues.

Only a few MTIO's left... next week will be another change-up...

Mike said...

Amazing.

Rick Lucey said...

Wow this is a great one! I have been going through this whole blog all day and it just rocks!

Lionel Braithwaite said...

I'd love to see a Planet Sketch movie.

Support STF: The Lost Issues!