Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The Thing and The Tick



I recently decided to watch the Tick TV series on Netflix, to see how it held up. Wow, that show was even more bizarre than I had remembered. I'm amazed it ran as long as it did. It was cool to see a pre-Hellboy Ron Perlman show up in an episode though! The series that I would really like to revisit is the animated Tick. That was pretty funny and I know I missed a bunch of episodes when it was on. I loved when they would show a nighttime shot and you could see "CHA" carved into the Moon, referring back to an earlier episode where Chairface Chippendale was interrupted while attempting to carve his initials in it. That always made me chuckle for some reason.

2 comments:

Rick L. Phillips said...

I know what you mean. I didn't see much of the animated series but when I did I noticed some things like the moon that reffered back to an episode that I saw before. It was a nice touch. You know if superheroes existed in real life things wouldn't change back to normal very fast.

Cathy and Dave said...

Dave sez ~

SPOON!

I've only seen one or two of the animated episodes, haven't seen the live action series...

Have you read the comic? Ben Edlund is a very brilliantly twisted individual.

I highly recommend finding back issues!

His take on Superman, Elektra and The Flash are hilarious. Two words: Perry Beige.

One hidden gem is Edlund's take on that Yogi Bear ark cartoon...It's an extra in an issue or two I think, but brilliant!

Support STF: The Lost Issues!