Monday, January 31, 2022

Hellboy Vs. Eclipso

 

I was interested to read that Ron Perlman say that, despite now being in his 70's, he is willing to do one more movie to finish out his Hellboy trilogy if the studios want to make it and if Guillermo Del Toro is ready to direct.  I'm guessing this would ignore the ill-received reboot from a few years ago.  I know I'd be interested, but I'm not holding my breath waiting for Universal Pictures or whoever has the rights today to greenlight the project. I'd definitely want Liz to return as well, but Selma Blair has her own medical issues these days, I don't know how much acting she still does.  Still, I'd love to be pleasantly surprised, I like the first two Hellboy movies quite a bit.

12 comments:

John s said...

Last we heard liz was pregnant

Carycomic said...

Me, too, Ross. As far as I'm concerned, the un-chocolatey reboot was just a movie within a movie. A fund-raising front for the BPRD, just like the Hellboy comics!

Bob Greenwade said...

@Cary: Based on this idea, in the highly unlikely event that a third film is made, I think it should open with Hellboy watching the reboot on TV, just to canonize it as such.

Anonymous said...

@Bob & Cary: Oh! Oh! And, to really have fun with that, have it be telecast as an MST3K offering!

Anonymous said...

Ron Perlman is an awesome actor. I'd love to see him as Hellboy again, too. Or practically anything else he was in.
Ordinaryguy2

Carycomic said...

@Ordinaryguy2: I can just picture Vincent from "Beauty & The Beast: TOS" tearing apart the Borg like Hugh Jackman's Wolverine. ;-)

Bob Greenwade said...

@Cary: Better yet, Vincent tearing apart Borg with Wolverine!

Carycomic said...

Can I get an "Amen" and a "Lol"? :-)

Bob Greenwade said...

Say, speaking of Wolverine, I just realized that we went through the entire 20-year period of X-Men movies without once getting a Fastball Special. Who'd be appropriate for that classic maneuver with him in his blog? Well, Hellboy is one possibility.

Ross said...

Bob, Ben Grimm and Mary Marvel did one back in 2011 - https://braveandboldlost.blogspot.com/2011/02/thing-and-mary-marvel.html

Bob Greenwade said...

Unnecessarily so, considering Mary can fly (though that cover is still great-looking). Plus, the Fastball Special really needs Wolvie to work right.

Anonymous said...

What if it's Mary who makes Ben the fastball? LOL!

Support STF: The Lost Issues!