Monday, July 26, 2010

Batman and Sugar & Spike



This was another early request. It's a pretty simple cover but hopefully the sheer ridiculousness of the concept makes up for that. Sugar and Spike were humor characters from DC from the Silver Age and have made only a couple of appearances since. I am glad that DC is making a stronger effort these days to provide entry level titles for young readers. Billy Batson and the Power of Shazam! is quite good (especially the first 6 issues by Mike Kunkel), and Tiny Titans might be my favorite new title of the past few years.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you. This cover just made my morning. :) -Mea

MOCK! said...

I love the sketches Franco does...my son has a cool Robin and my daughter has Starfire....both framed and on their walls...

Ross said...

And if the sketch is for a child, it's free. He is really a class act.

BLESSD1 said...

I LOVE that sketch!

Support STF: The Lost Issues!