Friday, July 30, 2010

Batman and The Avengers



The Avengers have seen a real resurgence in the past few years. While I am happy for the increased exposure, I am still not crazy about the inclusion of characters like Spider-Man and Wolverine on the team. I still prefer the classic line up, and of course chose that era for this cover.

I am very excited for the big screen Avengers adaptation, and the fact that Marvel is combining it with the Iron Man, Incredible Hulk, Captain America and Thor film franchises is daring and incredibly cool. I've loved Marvel's self produced films so far, and the recently leaked trailer to Thor was great, so I have high hopes that they can pull this off. With the amazing cast they have assembled and comics fan and writer Joss Whedon directing, this has the potential to be something amazing.


5 comments:

Rick L. Phillips said...

I prefer the classic line up too but to me Spider-man was long over due as an addition. It made sense to have WOlverine in the X-Men but to have himjoin the Avengers was a mistake. He is a loner but to have in now have been a member of 2 teams makes him seem like a joiner and he isn't.

Mike Thomas said...

Fantastic Hembeck piece! One of my favorites too.

Ross said...

Of all the artists I have commissioned, Hembeck was the best experience. Look at all the detail he put in with the stars and hand drawing the logo. Plus, his rates are incredibly reasonable. On top of all that, he is a great guy to boot. I encourage anyone to commission from him.

Scott Bryan said...

Excellent choice! I love that original Avengers story and love the classic team. It's a shame Hank & Jan won't be in the first movie, but I'm so excited over the film, even that doesn't hold back my joy over it.

Ross said...

It's probably just as well, the cast is pretty big as it is. Still I wouldn't be surprised to see a cameo to set up sequel appearances.

Support STF: The Lost Issues!