Monday, July 12, 2010

Batman and Sasquatch



Sasquatch is actually the first character I read about from Alpha Flight. He showed up in an issue of Marvel Two-In-One, and I instantly got a kick out of the design and size of the character. The rest of his teammates joined him in the following issue and I was hooked. I eventually read their guest appearances in Uncanny X-Men and eagerly followed them to their solo series. John Byrne was in his artistic prime, and all was good with the world.

Unfortunately, after Byrne left the title. things didn't go so well for Sasquatch. He was sidelined, turned white for some reason, and spent a lot of time mooning over unrequited loves. Sheesh - I just wanted to see him kick the Super Skrull's butt again (as he did in my favorite appearance)! I've been waiting for a writer to do something interesting with him, but aside from some ill-fated Alpha Flight revivals, he has kept a very low profile. Here's hoping that changes soon.

6 comments:

Rick L. Phillips said...

Everyday you amaze me with you cover art. If I had photoshop I would do the same for Marvel Team-Up. Thanks for making my day everyday.

Ross said...

Thanks Rick! I don't have Photoshop either, though!

Michael Jones said...

RIP Harvey Pekar. Can you fit him into an issue?

Ross said...

Yeah, he was a true pioneer. Never even considered him for a team-up but that's a great idea.

Ed Catto said...

Ross- Just love your blog - how awesome! I feel like a kid again when B&B was my favorite title!
I have a team up suggestion; where best to send it to? Thanks! edcatto@hotmail.com

Ross said...

Ed, you can just leave suggestions right here in one of the comment boxes - although I think you have already figured that out!

Support STF: The Lost Issues!