Sunday, June 16, 2013

The Metal Men Vs. Battlestar Galactica



I was late to the party when it came to the new Battlestar Galactica TV series.  I had heard good things but missed too many episodes and never gave it a chance.  Finally, I was able to catch up on Netflix, and I was hooked.  When the series ended, I wanted more, so I tried out the prequel series Caprica.  It was OK, but didn't grab me the same way as BSG and at any rate it only lasted a single season.  Finally, another pilot was produced that was much more like what I was hoping for - Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome.  It featured a young Adama learning his way and used a lot of CGI imagery.  The pilot was first shown in installments online and then as a special on the SyFy Network.  For reasons I cannot fathom, it was not picked up to become a full series, which is a real shame because I thought that everyone involved did a great job with it.  If you are a BSG fan and have not seen it, it is well worth seeking out.

8 comments:

AirDave said...

This is just BRILLIANT! The Metal Men confused as Cylons! One of the best Futurama episodes featured Cylon and Garfunkle - that's a great joke right there, I don't care who ya are!

I tried watching the new Battlestar Galactica...I'll have to give it another try. It just didn't grab me.

I was into that whole Marvel Star Wars and Battlestar Galactica fad. Maybe one day, I'll be able to go back and pick up the classic Battlestar Galactica comics again, I sure enjoyed reading them as a kid.

pblfsda said...

Ross: Boy, oh boy, do you need to see Portlandia. There's an episode in which two characters can't deal with BSG's cancellation and take it upon themselves to continue the series. It's hilarious.

Ross said...

I've seen it, I thought it was brilliant!

Anonymous said...

ross please have buffy vs morbius or at least meet blade also animal man vs kraven

Ross said...

Both are already on here, just check the archives.

Anonymous said...

oops correction change that to i vampire or dracula i now recall you covered both sorry memorys not as good as it used to be

Anonymous said...

Justice Society, T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents, D.P.7, Mighty Crusaders, AND Hanna-Barbera TV Shpuerheroes. Just cram them all in there.

Oh and The Avengers meet Peel and Steed.

Anonymous said...

I will always consider the original BSG, even at its campiest, to be undeniably superior to the five seasons-too long remake.

Support STF: The Lost Issues!