Thursday, May 9, 2013

Zatanna Vs. Wolverine



I was pretty disappointed by X-Men Origins: Wolverine it was a mess of a film with mutant guest stars thrown in at random and a pretty thin plot line.  I had high hopes when I heard that visionary director Darren Aranofsky was going to be helming the second solo Wolverine film, but he later dropped out.  James Mangold took over the reins and now I am not sure what to expect.  The good news is that The Wolverine appears to be based on the classic mini-series by Chris Claremont and Frank Miller.  The trailer didn't knock my socks off, but it didn't have anything that looked off to me either.  I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised, and we will finally see the Wolverine film we were hoping for the last time out.

2 comments:

AirDave said...

That's an awesome cover!

That looks like an Alex Ross Zatanna - is Wolverine by Ross, too?

My wife and I took our two boys, 12 and 11 to Iron Man 3. The only preview that they were excited about was Thor. I asked them about the other ones. They have no desire to see The Wolverine or Star Trek - so those are date night movies. The boys have been watching the old Christopher Reeve Superman movies, so the new one is interesting. They liked Iron Man 3. But there wasn't a whole lot of talk about it afterward. They want to see an Iron Man 4 and Avengers 2.

I would think that's a pretty good barometer.

Diabolu Frank said...

Clever crossover angle!

Support STF: The Lost Issues!