Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Mars Attacks The Martian Manhunter



These days, audiences and readers are used to three-dimensional villains who reveal shades of gray and deep motivations behind their nefarious deeds.  That said, there is something appealing about how gleefully evil the Martians from Mars Attacks have always been.  Don't look for a spark of sympathy or a chance at redemption with these guys - they are bad and they love it!  They couldn't be further removed from DC's most famous Martian, and that difference in personalities could make for a fun tale.

6 comments:

AirDave said...

Wow!
Mars Attacks are all over!

Could this be a Civil War...?

Bob Greenwade said...

And here I've been watching lots of "Doctor Who" DVDs (borrowed from the library while I'm waiting to get my cable TV hooked up), including "The Seeds of Death" and "The Monster of Peladon." Those two stories feature the Ice Warriors of Mars, so I keep imagining a couple of those guys in the background here.

Or maybe John Carter and his Thark friends.

Ed said...

This one made me laugh out loud! Thanks for making my day.

Isaac said...

Where's Marvin the Martian?

Ross said...

I have other plans for Marvin...

Anonymous said...

Jonn no doubt used his shape-changing power to assume the likeness (and singing voice) of Slim Whitman.

Support STF: The Lost Issues!