Friday, February 8, 2013

J. Jonah Jameson Vs. Perry White



One of the main things missing for me in the latest Spider-Man film was J. Jonah Jameson and the Daily Bugle.  Of course, J.K. Simmons did such a great job in the role, it is understandable that the producers would be hesitant include the character.  Still, he's too big a part of the Spider-Man mythos to ignore, so I imagine they will include him the next time out.  Whoever they cast has some big shoes to fill.

Lawrence Fishburne will be the latest actor to portray Perry White, and boy does that make me feel old!  Martin Sheen and Lawrence Fishburne, two skinny kids from Apocalypse Now, are now starring as Uncle Ben and Perry White.  What happened to the time?

7 comments:

Derrick Ferguson said...

I know! Laurence Fishburne was just 14 when he got the role in APOCALYPSE NOW.

Anonymous said...

smoking while in flight thats a no no now but it got me to chuckle so good one

Lee Houston, Junior said...

Don't know about the upper photo, but I instantly recognized the close up of the lower photo as part of Nick Cardy's cover from Action Comics #436 "The Super Cigars of Perry White"; a more innocent and interesting time for comic books.

Anonymous said...

The Super Cigars of Perry White!! In the 1980's, there was a DC Comics Presents where Superman teamed up with Perry White as he used his very last cigar. I was just a child when I brought that issue and I thought it was the oddest and coolest idea ever. (before New York became anti-smoking of course)

Isaac said...

Cool cover! In a scuffle twxit those two ... my money's on Perry!.

Bob Buethe said...

The upper picture is from the cover of Action Comics #302.

Anonymous said...

It could have been worse, Ross. Laurence Fishburne could have been cast as Uncle Ben!*

*And, oh, how the NAACP would've hated that. ;-)

Support STF: The Lost Issues!