Tuesday, September 28, 2021

The X-Files and Swamp Thing

 

I truly enjoy looking at the artwork of Francesco Francavilla.  He has one of the most unique styles that I have seen in some time, I can't quite point to another artist that his work resembles.  Best of all, he seems to be able to utilize his signature look effectively in many different genres.  It is always a treat to see his interpretation of a new character.

This isn't the only muck monster that Mulder and Scully have come across...

6 comments:

kevin from new orleans said...

That is an awesome looking cover!

Carycomic said...

What Kevin said.

P.S.---SWAMP THING (in Alec Holland's voice): "I heard through a certain grape vine that you visited my Cousin Ted down in Citrusville, Florida. How's he doing? The two of us don't speak much, these days."

Bob Greenwade said...

I literally could not tell that this wasn't a commissioned piece of art, Ross -- it's that well done. It helps that you used the work of just one artist, and didn't overlap anything, but it still looks fantastic -- the coloring job is primo, in particular. Even the title is something that fits, should these two ever cross over in an actual comic. But really, if someone were to rank your Top 10 best covers, this should be at, or at least near, the top.

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with Bob. :-)

"Nuff said."

Ross said...

Thanks, goys, I like this one as well!

Davejonz said...

What @Bob said. A brilliant piece of work, from Mr Francavilla and you, Ross.

Support STF: The Lost Issues!