Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Iron Man and Robocop



While it is certainly a change from the classic origin, I thought that involving Tony Stark in the development of Spider-Man's uniform in Captain America: Civil War was a smart move.  It kept Peter Parker the perpetually broke teen from Queens while allowing him to wear a suit that looked like it leapt right out of the comics, emotive eyes and all.  Iron Man will be a part of Spider-Man: Homecoming as well - with rumored upgrades to the Spidey suit including the classic web-wings!  That's something I have wanted to see in live action for a long time.

5 comments:

Martin Maenza said...

I liked what they did with Spidey, including bringing him back to his high school roots and wisecracking during fights. My only complaint: Aunt May should not be that young. Marissa Tomei still looks hot at 51 which is my age. Aunt May needs to be older and/or frailer. That's something the Toby films got right.

Carycomic said...

1) A delightful cover! Was it a commissioned request from one of your on-line fund donors?

2) I agree with you about the webbed armpit wings. It renews my hope that THOR: RAGNAROK will finally include his fully-winged helmet!

Ross said...

1) No, this is one from my fevered imagination...

2) Me too, but at this point I am not holding my breath!

Wolfhammer said...

A great cover, although I am suffering from a bit of IRON MAN fatigue these days. Now how about that G.I.ROBOT/MACHINE MAN team-up?

Lionel Braithwaite said...

@Martin Maenza
My only complaint: Aunt May should not be that young. Marissa Tomei still looks hot at 51 which is my age. Aunt May needs to be older and/or frailer. That's something the Toby films got right.

Aunt May should have been somebody like Sharon Stone or even better Meryl Streep.

Support STF: The Lost Issues!