Monday, February 29, 2016

Wonder Woman and The X-Men



Colossus is featured in the current superhero blockbuster Deadpool and Wonder Woman will be making her long awaited movie debut very soon in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.  Cyclops, Storm and Nightcrawler will all see new actors taking on their roles in this Summer's X-Men: Apocalypse.  It's a good time to be a comic book movie fan.  When I was a kid I knew it would be decades before special effects ever got to the point where superhero films would be an accepted genre and the idea of waiting so long bummed me out because I figured that I would be too old to enjoy them.  I am happy to say that not only has that day finally arrived, but I still get the same kick out of seeing my favorite characters on the big screen that I did watching Christopher Reeve back in my youth.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I didn't think you could ever top "Cranston Hears A Who" (re: punny titles) Boy! Was I wrong. LOL!

Tom said...

Agreed, Cary. This was a /groan..... but in a good way. Much laughs, well done Ross.

Rwac said...

Bad move Di, especially with all the license drama going on.

Anonymous said...

COVER OF THE MONTH!

Anonymous said...

@Bob Collier: What license drama? Are Disney and Time-Warner going to merge? God! I hope not. Can you imagine one of America's favorite ice creameries suing those two a comic book publisher called "DCARVEL?"

Rwac said...

No, I meant the drama between Fox and Marvel due to movie license. Look what happened to the Fantastic Four. Also, the Inhumans are somewhat replacing the mutants in current comics.

Scott said...

Was the X-men image from Fantastic Four #250? If so does this mean a cover for Wonder Woman vs. the Skrulls?

Ross said...

Yeas and no

Anonymous said...

How about Spidey and Elongated Man?

Anonymous said...

I love your work. It brings back memories of being a 12 yr old running to the comic shop to get my comics.
Thank you for this happy moment.
Sincerely,
MP

Ross said...

Much appreciated, MP!

Support STF: The Lost Issues!