Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Captain Marvel and Storm



DC made a big announcement that The Rock would be playing Black Adam in an upcoming Shazam! movie, but there has been very little additional information released since then.  While the villain casting is perfect, I would like to hear about a director and who will be playing Blly Batson and Captain Marvel to get a better idea of the direction the film is going in.  A lighter tone that doesn't skimp an the stakes and action is what I would like to see.   Let's just hope the climactic moment isn't Cap snapping Sivana's neck!

5 comments:

jrp04f said...

Nice choice of cover elements. I felt that Ordway's cover of Cap showed him less rejoicing in his power-up, and more like he was straining in pain.

Yeah, I'd be more impressed if we had a good director on board rather than the current in flavor action movie star. Big actors and fancy SFX don't mean much without a cohesive plot and plotted-out direction.

Reno said...

As long as Zack Snyder stays away from this one I'll be optimistic.

Bob Greenwade said...

Plot-wise I think I would have wanted to use Thor for this rather than Storm, but art-wise I can see how that might be hard, given the parameters of this blog. So, hats off for another really nice cover, Ross. :)

Anonymous said...

I happen to belong to the Dark & Grım bandwagon. A Tawky Tawny wıth a mutant Tıger head, and a goth Bılly Batson on a skateboard. I hope they make ıt happen!

Anonymous said...

I'll root for the casting of anybody as Billy and Cap EXCEPT Ashton Kutcher and Jack Black.

Support STF: The Lost Issues!