Thursday, October 14, 2010

Batman and The Watcher



The very existence of this blog is proof of the fact that I have always been a fan of imaginary stories and parallel universes in the world of comics. So when Marvel came up with What If?, a series based on presenting alternate versions of popular story lines, I was immediately interested. The fact that they made The Watcher the host of these stories made the series even more appealing to me, as I had been a fan of the character from his appearances in Fantastic Four.

Uatu, The Watcher is another one of those great Stan Lee concepts. You knew that whenever he showed up, there was bound to be some big action going down soon. Even as a kid, though, I had to laugh at his "vow of non-interference". He broke that vow all the time! And even if he didn't say or do anything, Some giant bald space-toga guy showing up floating around is interference in and of itself! The Watchers really should have invested in some cloaking technology.

4 comments:

Cathy and Dave said...

Every day I visit just to see how you will top the previous team-up. Every day, you manage to nail it! I salute you!

Ross said...

Thanks, I appreciate it!

Cabin Campbell said...

Another brilliant concept!
Keep them coming!

Anonymous said...

If you're a Watcher fan, pick up Quasar #13-16 (preferably in a quarter bin). The B-plot for the arc is that all across the universe Watchers are mysteriously dying. Realizing they are interfering in events by showing up to watch, they begin willing themselves to death.

Eric

Support STF: The Lost Issues!