Monday, August 30, 2010

Batman and The New Teen Titans



Here’s an early effort where I was still testing out altering images. In fact this is the only one in which I did not use two or more covers to create. Instead I just “erased” the rest of the JLA and added the speech balloon. Kind of lazy and it shows in the boring design, so not one of my favorites.

That shouldn’t be any reflection on how much I like the New Teen Titans though. I remember being annoyed that George Perez was departing Justice League of America so soon after his run began to work on a new title, but once it hit the stands, I was blown away just like most fans. The new characters were all instantly interesting and I was always a big Robin and Kid Flash fan. DC has had a tough time keeping the momentum with the Titans due to roster and creative team changes, but hopefully that is due for a change. I saw some footage for the upcoming Young Justice animated series and it seems like is captures a lot of the spirit of those first few great years of Titans.

5 comments:

Mike D. said...

I love the Guardian too...hey...keep the comics 20 cents ok....inflation sucks

Caine said...

Freaking Kory! I'm betting there's something in that utility belt to deal with her... :)

Ross said...

Too true on comics inflation. $3.99 for a standard sized issue is just too much. After over three decades of collecting I am about to move to trades only.

Lee Houston, Junior said...

Well, at least DC offers you THIRTY pages of story and art for $3.99. You're still only getting the industry "standard" of twenty-two from Marvel for the same price.

Ross said...

According to the new solicitations, the new Batman titles by Morrison and Finch are $3.99 for 22 pages, as well as Time Masters and other mini-series. DC is slowly following suit unfortunately.

Support STF: The Lost Issues!