Saturday, August 21, 2010

Batman and The Justice Society of America



I have loved the JSA since I was introduced to them with their yearly guest appearances in Justice League of America. I would scour the various 100-Page DC titles to find reprints of their adventures, both solo and as a full team. I was a huge fan of the Len Strazewski and Mike Parobeck Justice Society of America series and was disappointed that it had a short run. Geoff Johns has done a nice job of keeping the team going in the current age of comics, hopefully the writers taking up the reins can maintain the quality.

It's nice to see the JSA finally making their way into other media, with appearances in Smallville and Batman: The Brave and the Bold as well as the Spectre animated short. I'm still hoping for a full animated version of The Golden Age, I loved that mini series by James Robinson and Paul Smith.

3 comments:

Mike Thomas said...

Is the first time you've done a cover where you've replaced Batman with Batman?

Ross said...

I didn't replace Batman here, it was Superman in the crystal ball.

Mike Thomas said...

Ah, your right (of course)! I was mixing that cover up with the Ordway cover to America vs. The Justice Society #1

Support STF: The Lost Issues!