Tuesday, August 23, 2022

US 1 and Space Cabbie

 

It came out at a time when I checked out most anything Marvel or DC, and I was a fan of Every Which Way But Loose and BJ & The Bear... but I still could not get myself to pick up a copy of US 1 when it was released.  Space truckers just seemed to be too oddball of a hook for a comic.  I did finally read a little about them when they showed up in Sensational She-Hulk, and maybe I judged them too harshly.  With the right writer, there are definitely some cool stories that can be told with the concept.

7 comments:

The Irredeemable Shag said...

I love this a ridiculous amount!! Such a creative pairing!!!

Carycomic said...

I bet all those dents in the Space Cab came from Xemnu the Titan trying to force himself into the back seat. Moral of the story? Never pick up a hitchhiker who resembles a Yeti without a mouth!

Bob Greenwade said...

This is so natural, it's a wonder you haven't paired these two before.

Anonymous said...

It's amazing. Space Cabbie looks like he was drawn by Chester Gould of DICK TRACY fame! My compliments on your finding such an image capture, Ross. :-)

Detective Tobor said...

Does this mean Triple A's would be 5 A's? Everything would be solar charged. And with rebreathers, no problem except transmissions picked up in different sectors.

Carycomic said...

Arecibo, Puerto Rico, could be used as a clearinghouse for picking up those transmissions. ;-)

Richard said...

Why am I suddenly thinking...

"Hello, you're on Spacecraft Talk, with Click and Clack, the Tappet Brothers..."

Support STF: The Lost Issues!