Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Mary Marvel and Werewolf by Night

 

Mr. Mind was teased in the first Shazam! movie, but I see no signs of him actually showing up in the sequel.   We got a reference to Mr. Tawky Tawny, but I am not holding my breath waiting for him either.  I  miss the whimsy of the early Captain Marvel stories.  I suppose we could get some in a third sequel, but given the continued delays of Shazam: Fury of the Gods, Warner Bros. change in direction, and the rapidly aging cast, I have my doubts as to whether that will ever come to be.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I so so love the silliness of this. I miss the charm of the older stories as well.

Anonymous said...

Post credit scene in shazam 2 should tease black adam fight

Detective Tobor said...

So Mary Shazam will still be around for a bit. Good. Can she meet the new-ish (ms) Captain Marvel? "Promotion or not...."

Anonymous said...

Request: Mr. Tawky Tawny and Tigra

Anonymous said...

I keep hearing about Black Adam getting hinted at in the DCGI "Super Pets" movie. But, even if that rumor is true, I doubt that's going to get the live-action picture distributed any faster.*

*More's the pity! :-(

Carycomic said...

This just goes to show that not even an _anthropomorphic_ tiger can scare off a Jack Russell! ;-)

Carycomic said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Cary,

You were right the first time. "Not even
...can scare..."

Carycomic said...

Well, what do you know about that? Makes me wonder if even Two-Face erroneously second-guessed himself.

Thanks, Anon. :-)

Carycomic said...

P.S.---Dear Ross: any chance of WBN eventually meeting the Super Wolf-girl from Adventure Comics v.1/#387?

Support STF: The Lost Issues!