Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Stingray and Mera in: "Queen's Ransom!"

 

One Disney+ series that I have heard a title announced for and little else about is Armor Wars.  I remember enjoying the Iron Man related storyline in the comics, so I hope the show is still coming.  Iron Man may not be around anymore, but it sounds like Don Cheadle's War Machine will assume the central role.  Stingray was involved in the comics' version, so this series might be a great place to introduce him into the MCU.  Well see if the show is among the announcements at the upcoming D23 event.

Stingray first met Mera back in STF #856, and shared an adventure with her and Aquaman in STF #1925...

7 comments:

Carycomic said...

He could also make a feature film debut if BPWF is successful enough at the box office to warrant giving the Submariner a sequel almost all to himself.

P.S.---given the use of a high-tech breathing mask, I take it the pirate leader is _not_ the Flying Dutchman of Silver Surfer fame?

MarchHareSupreme said...

@Cary Comic; I believe that is Captain Stingaree. Pure DC.

Dang! Looking at Mera is bringing the bad monkey out in me.

Anonymous said...

Stingray vs. Stingaree. Nice synchronicity, Ross!

Ross said...

Haha I didn't even plan that!

Detective Tobor said...

Short sleeves? I hope that water is warm. Mera has been drugged? Oh no! Hey, there's an idea... Pym opens a new branch for underwater work. Maybe Guppy or Goldfish.

Bob Greenwade said...

Meanwhile, I understand that Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom has experienced yet another delay. With any luck, the delay with include a reshoot with a different actress as Mera.

Anonymous said...

I doubt Amber's Heard anything along those lines. :-(

Support STF: The Lost Issues!