Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Fantastic Four and The Spectre in: "The Judgment of Reed Richards!"

 

I loves the series of issues in Fantastic Four by John Byrne where after a mid-town battle with Galactus, Reed Richards decides to save the World Devourer from death.  This act is not appreciated by some and Reed is hauled off to face an intergalactic trial.  Just a great run of stories, and something that I think would be ripe for a movie adaptation.

The FF previously crossed paths with The Spectre back in STF # 1046...

7 comments:

Carycomic said...

I take it Reed's original acquittal was reversed on appeal?

Jim Ryan said...

If they did adapt that one in the MCU, who'd play John Byrne...?

Mark said...

Wow. I love how that one meshes. Nice job, Ross.

Bob Greenwade said...

Maybe I'm just tired after a long weekend at Washington State Summer Con, but I suddenly want to see Deadpool giving Spectre a T-shirt that says "I was in Super-Team Family with Deadpool and all I got was this lousy T-shirt." (I initially had the mental image of Spectre wearing said T-shirt, but I think that may be kind of hard to pull off.)

This cover's pretty awesome, though. I like how the lighting effect matches on Spectre's left hand and Reed's... uh... backside. I do get the impression that this is the STFU take on the story under discussion.

If said story's done in the MCU, I hope it features the Living Tribunal. He got a blink-and-you'll-miss-it cameo in Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, but I'd like to see him actually appear, and even if he's been a part of things by the time this story happens I think he'd be a fitting inclusion.

Detective Tobor said...

Ok, it's not Hal as the Spectre so what is the lantern for? It's so hard to "Read" this scene correctly. Will Reed be able to change Spectre's mind? Fun shot,Ross.

Carycomic said...

@Tobor: maybe this Spectre is the ghost of Bizarro Yellow Candle?

Anonymous said...

either that or Moon Knight has finally become "Marc Spectre."

Support STF: The Lost Issues!