Saturday, April 18, 2020

Jack of Hearts and The Ray



The Ray is another one of DC's great legacy characters.  I remember his introductory mini-series coming seemingly from nowhere and really impressing me.  Joe Queseda designed two very cool looks for him, both while powered up and powered down.  I always expected bigger things for him, but for some reason he's remained on the C List of superheroes.  I think he was last seen hanging with the new Freedom Fighters, which is a fitting home considering the first Ray belonged to the original group.

5 comments:

Detective Tobor said...

At least he got some good press thru Crisis on Earth X.

diff topic- could someone use the Infinity Gauntlet to make Dr Manhattan a normal man again?

Bob Greenwade said...

The Ray, in this form, looks like he could be teamed up with Sunspot.

@Tobor: That looks like a job for either Batman or Deadpool.

But first I think I'd like to see Dr. Manhattan with Sentry, or perhaps fighting the latter's alter-ego, Void.

Carycomic said...

Interesting! Is this a sequel to STF #2243?

Jay Johnson said...

Last time I saw Ray he was in Batman's last version of JL of America, with Vixen, Canary, Lobo, Ryan Choi, etc. I'm not sure if there's been a new Freedom Fighters book since then.

Jim Burrows said...

Looking good. Great design. Looks like it was supposed to be that way.

Support STF: The Lost Issues!