Saturday, July 16, 2016

Justice Society of America and Moon Knight



Continued from yesterday's cover, we see the sacrifice that was made as a result of the Dr. Fate/Moon Knight fight...

So far, what I have seen of DC Rebirth has been pretty impressive, a much better rebranding effort than The New 52 was.  Still, the "rebirth" I am waiting for is the return of the classic JSA characters.  It will be interesting to see what their new status quo will be and if they are woven in with the new Earth 2 heroes.  I'd love to see a new ongoing comic featuring the original team in their prime a la All-Star Squadron.


8 comments:

Unknown said...

Personally, I thought they should've permanently rested on their laurels with the Hypertime concept. But I knew that was never going to be the case within one year of the (increasingly misnamed) "Final" Crisis! So, I'm not going to hold my breath that the Rebirth will last any longer than a decade, at most.

Unknown said...

P.S.---and even that feels like I'm being over-optimistic.

Mr. Crowley said...

At the end we learn that the entire story was a hallucination of Moon Knight's. Or was it...?

Anonymous said...

Still, the "rebirth" I am waiting for is the return of the classic JSA characters.

Amen.

Anonymous said...

Another Onymous: I don't think it was Khonshu who ordered Moon Knight to battle Dr. Fate. I think it was Fate's arch-enemy, Wotan...using a Wundagorian clay image of Moon Knight!

Only the relatively immediate posting of an unprecedented part three will answer that burning question to everyone's satisfaction. ;-D

Unknown said...

Hi there. What is the source of that cool JSA art?

Simreeve said...

Blaine Crowley said...
"Anonymous said...
"Still, the "rebirth" I am waiting for is the return of the classic JSA characters."

Amen."

And 'Amen' again... although from what little we were shown in Rebirth, I suspect that DC's plan to get around the age problem might be to bring back the JSA (except for Johnny) as they were when they "vanished" in 1951, meaning only a few years more age & experience (on average) than the current version of the Justice Leaguers and still none of their legacy characters...

Ross said...

Paul Fortunato: JSA Strange Adventures #4

Support STF: The Lost Issues!