Saturday, March 16, 2013

Hawkgirl Vs. She-Hulk



One of the best things to come out of the animated Justice League series was their treatment of Hawkgirl.  She was given more depth and personality than she ever had in the comics and I was really hoping that DC would give her a higher profile as a result.  Instead, quite the opposite has happened.  Shayera Hol was killed off (more than once) in the comics, and just when she was revived again, the New 52 came along and she is gone again.  Sure, there is a Hawkgirl in Earth-2, but it isn't Shayera.  I miss the real deal with her flowing red locks and the coolest helmet design in comics, hopefully she will show up soon.  At least She-Hulk is getting some attention again as a cast member of FF, a place she can shine without dealing the alternate She-Hulks that Marvel has introduced in the past few years.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Space cop and super lawyer... that's a team up I wish I could see for real.

I think I posted this before, but I always thought that Hawkgirl had the coolest looking helmet of the Hawks. Such a great design.

Right now, I have no idea what DC is doing. I wanted to like the reboot, but the seem to be doing everything in their power to turn me off. And I used to be very much a DC girl too.

-Mea

Ross said...

Total agreement on the helmet. After all the work to raise Hawkgirl's profile on JLA and JLU, DC just cast er aside, it makes no sense to me.

Support STF: The Lost Issues!