Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Batman and The Thing (Retro)



It was fun to go back to a Thing cover again... this actually makes my fourth pairing with these two (sixth if you count Fantastic Four covers).  They are my two favorite characters from their respective companies so I really dig the idea of them sharing adventures together.  How I would have loved to see Jim Aparo illustrate The Thing in B&B, or John Buscema give us a Marvel version of the team up in MTIO... Such wishes filled my head as a child and the untapped possibilities they suggest are the basis for this blog.

9 comments:

Cathy and Dave said...

Dave sez,

That's a tall glass of AWESOME right there! As cool as The World's Finest is; and nearly all of Batman's crossovers - a Batman - The Thing team up would be outstanding!

Justin S. Davis said...

The Riddler/Trapster duo is gold.

Have you considered doing Super-Villain Team-Up tributes, too?

Ross said...

There will be more Super Villain team ups, especially when I start my next title in a few weeks.

Cathy and Dave said...

Dave sez,

Ross, super villain team-up! Awesome! I would love to see Luthor and Green Goblin - yeah, a little like the classic Luthor and Joker team-up, but still cool!

I'm sure you will come up with some really cool covers and match-ups!

Ross said...

SVTU is not the next title... but the next title will allow for more Villains... that's all I can divulge for now.

ONEHUNDRED said...

...any plans for:

1) Sinbad

2) John Carter of Mars

3) Carson of Venus

4) Jason and the Argonauts?

Ross said...

Who's Carson of Venus?

I do have a John Carter cover waiting in the wings... but it isn't until my next title, so you'll have to be patient just a bit longer.

ONEHUNDRED said...

Carson of Venus was Edgar Rice Burroughs trying to catch lightning in a bottle twice, since he was basically another John Carter character (Human from earth, cowboy/sailor) on this time the Planet was Venus. Tor Books published the whole paperback series back in the 1980's, with beautiful Frank Frazetta covers. The Walden Books store in the mall had a whole shelf devoted to them.

Carycomic said...

I never thought I'd see the day when I'd actually be praying for the Batman to come unglued.

Support STF: The Lost Issues!