Monday, November 21, 2011

Batman and The Silver Surfer (Retro)



Before the studio decided to reboot the Fantastic Four film franchise, there was talk of a Silver Surfer spin-off movie.  I don't know if the reboot plans have scuttled this, but it is something that I would still be interested to see.  The Surfer was easily the best part of the FF sequel, he looked spot on and I liked Laurence Fishburne providing the voice.  They could have a film set completely off of Earth and finally do Galactus justice (no clouds. please). Throw in an appearance by Beta Ray Bill or a trip to Ego, the Living Planet and you would have a summer blockbuster like no other!

4 comments:

Mike D. said...

NICE!

Anonymous said...

Since I have no Facebook account, I just wanted to say I really love this site.

Characters I'd like to see Batman and/or Thing meet: (all in good fun, of course)

Doctor Who
Richie Rich
Uncle Scrooge
Alien Legion
Bone
Spy Smasher
Terry and the Pirates (I know; comic STRIP, but I'd love to see it)
Lois Lane (retro, SUPERMAN's GIRLFRIEND style)
X-Babies
Sugar and Spike
Captain Carrot
Godzilla
Black Terror
Popeye (or Captain Strong, take your pick)
Killraven

Just some ideas. You can see I like "kid's comics" a lot; but I find them amusing even now.

Thanks,

Greg

Ross said...

Thanks, Greg - make sure you check the archives... Bone, Dr. Who, Lois lane, Captain Carrot and Sugar & Spike have already made appearances!

Mike D. said...

Tom and Jerry,Casper, Spooky , Beetle Bailey , Popeye , SUPER GOOF?

Support STF: The Lost Issues!