Friday, May 20, 2011

The Thing and The Green Lantern Corps



I am eagerly anticipating the upcoming Green Lantern film. I would be happy enough just to finally see a live action Hal Jordan adventure, but what really puts it over the top for me is that director Martin Campbell is going all out and including the entire Green Lantern Corps in the movie. I keep watching the trailers and freeze framing on certain shots to see who I can recognize. The fact that I saw my personal favorite, Chaselon (sentient diamond with robotic limbs and a mohawk - too cool!), in there really blew my mind. The fact that Abin Sur, Tomar Re and Kilowog seem to have important roles pleases me as well. There's an upcoming computer generated Green Lantern series coming up as well, that promises to focus heavily on the Corps. The Green Lantern mythos has the potential to really break out Star Wars-style if the series and film are done well. I enjoyed Thor and Captain America looks fun, but I think Green Lantern will surprise a lot of people and be the superhero film to beat this summer.

3 comments:

Siskoid said...

His pants really should have gone green there. ;-)

Lizard said...

"In brightest day... in blackest night... IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!"

Daviticus said...

Funny how things turn out, eh Ross? 😏

Support STF: The Lost Issues!