Thursday, May 5, 2011

The Thing and The Doom Patrol



While I have followed the Doom Patrol through their various series, I had not read more than a couple of of their original adventures until recently. I picked up the two DC Showcase volumes featuring their first series and I was very glad that I did. Arnold Drake had a great imagination and I really dig the Bruno Premiani artwork. That's one thing I like about DC's Showcase volumes as well as Marvel's Essentials - the black and white artwork really lets the reader appreciate the art, which was often muddied up by early coloring techniques.

1 comment:

Cathy and Dave said...

Dave sez,

Sweet cover!

I really enjoyed how the Doom Patrol was treated on Batman: The Brave and the Bold.

I'll have to track down the Showcase volumes...I only got familiar with them through survivors "Changeling" (nee Beast Boy) and Mento in New teen Titans...

Support STF: The Lost Issues!