Monday, February 21, 2011

The Thing and Manhunter (Paul Kirk)



Manhunter was a character way ahead of his time. I remember reading his back-up feature by Walt Simonson and Archie Goodwin in those great Detective Comics 100 Page Giants and the artwork and storyline were unlike anything I har read up to that point. It would be several more years before comics caught up to the ninja craze or with Simonson's inventive layouts and sound effects. There have been a bunch of characters called Manhunter pass through the DCU since then, but none have been able to capture lightning in a bottle the way this incarnation did.

3 comments:

Mike D. said...

I would love to share your link with Mr. Simonson...but he is really hard to get a hold of on FB these days.
Very nice homage.

notintheface said...

Any chance of seeing Ben with the Kate Spencer version?

Ross said...

I tried to include her but could not come up with anything to my satisfaction. It is a cover I would like to do, so I'll keep nosing around for images and hopefully I will have more luck.

Support STF: The Lost Issues!