Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Thing and Krypto



Granted, many of the Silver Age trappings for Superman could be seen as a little hokey, but one element that I thought was great was the introduction of Krypto, the Superdog. I am a big dog lover, and the idea of a super powered pet was very appealing to me as a child... and still is! I got a kick out of the scenes with Krypto playing fetch with meteors and so forth. I also applaud DC for coming out with the Krypto animated series for younger viewers recently. I think comics need all the entry-level books and programs that they can get, with more and more titles being geared for teens and up.

As the cover indicates, this is a continued story - part two is coming tomorrow!

2 comments:

Jon K said...

Krypto is very happy to be featured!

Jon K said...

Krypto is very happy to be featured!

Support STF: The Lost Issues!